|Divisional Secretary Division||Maruthankerny / Maruthiyanpattu|
|Grama Niladari Division||Maruthankerny / Maruthiyanpattu|
|Project Period:||01 Sep 2019 to 28 Feb 2020|
The aim of the project is to improve access to quality safe houses so that the women who survive various forms of violence are empowered and reintegrated into the society to lead productive and healthy life contributing to peace prosperity of the country. Upgraded infrastructure facilities of the safe houses in Jaffna and Mullaitivu Districts, to provide better services to the clients. Strengthened capacity of the services and systems of the safe houses to provide the skillful services to the clients at the safe houses. Strengthened coordination between safe houses and the other stakeholders in order to provide holistic and skilled services and to advocate to strengthen a sustainable system.
- Upgraded infrastructure facilities of the safe houses in Jaffna and Mullaitivu, to provide better services to the clients.
- 1 toilet constructed and 4 toilets were renovated at Maruthankerny safe house and security system of both safe houses were improved by fixing of CCTV camera
- Strengthened capacity of the services and systems of the safe houses to provide the skillful services to the clients at the safe houses the stakeholders to strengthen and sustainable the system Skill trainings of clients and wardens of each safe houses
- Trainings on leadership and effective communication for safe house staff
- Skill development trainings for clients on jewellery making, sewing and door mat making conducted for client of 2 safe houses.
- Training and Demonstration on 2 home gardening, 2popcorn making and 2poultry chicken hatchery established
- Assisted with 8 sewing machines and 2 advanced tech sewing machine
- Supported with equipment for online skill development course
- Establishment of coconut trees at allocated land of Maruthankeny safe home ongoing.