|Divisional Secretary Division||Maruthankeni/ Maruthiyanpattu|
|Grama Niladari Division||Maruthankerny / Marutjiyanpattu|
|Project Period:||01 Jan 2020 to 31 Dec 2020|
Safe house is only a temporary shelter for children and women who are survivors of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) or being threatened of their safety and security in the Northern Province (Mainly Jaffna district, some cases were received from other provinces also). This service had long been called for by local organizations, the courts, police, government and others.
Goal of the project is to empowering women and children suffering, or at risk from GBV to leave their abusive environments, and regain control with the objectives of Provide a safe environment for women and children who are the victims of any form of violence. An to create awareness to mitigate any kinds of violence against women and children and ensuring their rights.
The safe homes are mainly providing following services
- Provide immediate relief to females facing or subject to or at the risk of gender-based violence
- Provide temporary protection to women facing and at risk of violence
- Provide temporary residential facilities for women facing violence referred to by counseling centers run by the parties, by court of law or by the Police
- Provide victim support services to women seeking protection and shelter in the temporary refuge.
- Provide remedial, rehabilitative and therapeutic services to women facing violence
- Offer basic medical, legal and psychosocial support services
Progress in 2020
- In 2020, 138 female received relief services for gender-based violence from safe house.