From the Community for the Community
We work holistically within communities, basing our approaches on proven good development practice including:
* A Rights Based Approach recognising that development is about helping people claim diverse rights rather than a rather than a simple transfer of technology or resources.
* Participatory Learning and Action
* Active Citizenship: individual, groups and organisations taking responsibility for development
* Social entrepreneurship and venture philanthropy.
We use strategies and models that we have developed and adapted during our thirteen years experience. These include:
* Rebuilding infrastructure &social structures
* Revolving Livelihood Funds (RLF)
* Community based protection mechanisms
* Community mobilisation
* Cultural exchange
* Adaptation to climate change
We mainstream four cross-cutting themes across all our programmes: environment, gender, social inclusion, and volunteerism.